SSA is now recommending all coaches/assistants obtain the course Respect in Sport.
We encourage ALL parents whether they are coaches/assistants or not, that have computer access to go to the SSA website, click on the “coach’ link and click Respect in Sport to complete the course. This course is valuable to any and all involved with children in sports even as spectators.
** This Summer Respect in Sport, Making Ethical Decisions and the updated coaching clinics applicable to the age groups will become mandatory. This step is to help provide a more skilled level of coaching for our players to enhance their soccer experience regardless if they are playing recreational/ developmental soccer.
Parents play a vital role in BYSI
We are a volunteer organization so without you the children could not play!
If you are able to coach, assistant coach, become an age representative, are able to volunteer at
registrations or are interested in attending BYSI meetings please contact us through our contacts
page for more details.
As parents/ volunteers we want the best for our children. BYSI not only has a zero tolerance
to fighting policy for the players and a code of conduct for coaches, but a code for parents as well.
This is to assist the children in having the best experience they can while playing soccer. Please
assist us in promoting Fun and Fair Play for All.
Fair Play Code For Parents
1. I will not force my child to participate in soccer.
2. I will remember my child plays for his/her enjoyment, not mine.
3. I will encourage my child to play by the rules and not resort to hostility or violence.
4. I will teach my child that doing their best is more important than the outcome of the game.
5. I will always offer praise for competing fairly and trying hard.
6. I will never ridicule/ yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
7. Children learn by example. I will applaud good plays by both teams.
8. I will never question the officials' judgment in public.
9. I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children's soccer.
10. I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteers who give of their time and effort to enable my child to play soccer.
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with
questions or comments about this web site.