SSA is now recommending all coaches/assistants obtain the course Respect in Sport.
We encourage all coaches/assistants that have computer access to go to the SSA website, click on
the “coach’ link and click Respect in Sport to complete the course.
** This Summer Respect in Sport, Making Ethical Decisions and the updated coaching clinics applicable to the age groups will become mandatory.
SSA provides Active Start and Fundamentals (which we are combining) in place of the Child Coach and Learn to Train in place of Youth Coach.
Coaches clinics are provided prior to the outdoor season for those wishing to obtain
coaching certificates through certified SSA instructors. These are 2-3 day courses
depending on coaching level desired. Sign up for clinics is done at player registration.
We MUST have a minimum of 10 participants for SSA to send an
If you sign up and are unable to attend you must notify the Executive Director at least
2 weeks prior to the clinic. This is to provide SSA with accurate numbers to ensure the
proper amount of instructors.
There is no cost to the participants.
(Senior coaching certificate can be obtained through the SSA with details on the SSA
web site. (Coaches taking this course are responsible for their own fees.)
The Byte Size Coaching Program is an excellent source of information for coaches. It provides
advice for first time coaches, practice drills and even activity pages for players . It can be
useful for all age groups, but is geared to ages U6-U12. For access to this program
contact BYSI for the username and password, then go to our "link" page to login.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Your conduct as a coach will serve as an example to others.
The following code of ethics should be your guide.
Soccer Coaching Code Of Ethics
* Act with integrity in performing all duties.
* Be prepared so your coaching is carried out with confidence.
* Always act in the best interest of the players.
* Maintain a high level of personal conduct and respect the rights and dignity of
* Accept the spirit of the rules of the game.
* Accept and support the role of the official.
* Ensure that the games are conducted fairly and according to the established
* Treat other coaches with courtesy, good faith and respect.
Fair Play In Soccer
Ways to encourage fair play in soccer:
* Recognize and respect individual differences in your players.
* Provide equal opportunity for all to participate.
* Learn and follow the rules of the game.
* Encourage your players to always do their best.
* Help instill a positive attitude toward competition.
* Encourage your players to be modest in victory and to be "good sports" in
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with
questions or comments about this web site.